A newer official android jellybean firmware for samsung galaxy s3 is out dubbed as XXELKC Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for Galaxy S3 which promises to be better and bug free. and this article will guide you through how you can update to this latest stable firmware.This is an official update so there is no way that the warranty will get void. Aside this, this post consist of two vital information on samsung galaxy s3;
i How to upgrade to the latest jellybean firmware and
ii how you can root your s3 on the same firmware after the update has been performed
- Multiview Feature,
- Based on Android 4.1.2 JZO54K,
- Customizable Notification Panel for enhanced viewing experience,
- Brightness Slider is not a part of notification panel,
- Smart rotation feature is enabled,
- Android 4.2 Keyboard comes pre-loaded,
- Page buddy, Paper Cast app and Group Cast apps are pre-loaded,
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Gallery,
Now the Steps to Update Galaxy S3GT I9300 with the Latest Jellybean 4.1.2
- Download the Latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer vial USB cable and place the zip file in your Galaxy S3’s external SD Card.
- Once you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device and turn Off your phone so that it can be then entered in the Download Mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 while it’s in the download mode with the computer and then you will see that after a minute the ID : COM section will turn Yellow this means that all the drivers are successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select “” the tar file and then select the option of “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted.
- Please note that it may take more than 5 -6 minutes for applying the update and to reboot since it has to finalize all the app data etc. Once the device shows up the home screen, navigate to “Settings > About Phone”the current firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2.
That is it you have sucessfully Upgraded your samsung galaxy s3 to the latest android jellybean official firmware. if you encounter any problem in the course of applying this update, please post same here.
PART 2: HOW TO ROOT GALAXY S3 ON ANDROID 4.1.2 XXELKC JB OFFICIAL FIRMWARE:
- Android version: 4.1.2-Build JZO54K
- Country: Poland
- PDA: I9300XXELKC
- CSC: I9300OXXELK4
- Modem: I9300XXELKC
The Android 4.1.2 XXELKC firmware – which can be installed via OTA or Samsung Kies – is compatible with a number of European countries, including the UK. Galaxy S3 users who have already updated to the new build may follow this guide to root the device.
Thus tutorial uses the CF-Auto-Root package to root the device and the root package is compatible only with a Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) running Android 4.1.2 XXELKC (Jelly Bean).
- Download USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data before proceeding
- Ensure the device is factory unlocked
- Ensure the device is running Android 4.1.2 XXELKC (Jelly Bean)
- Ensue battery has at least 80 percent of charge
To Root Galaxy S3 (I9300) on Android 4.1.2 XXELKC (Jelly Bean)
- Download CF-Auto-Root package to computer and extract zip file
- Download Odin v3.07 and extract file
- Switch off Galaxy S3 and place in Download mode (to do so, press Volume Down, Home and Power buttons until warning screen appears and then press Volume Down to enter Download mode)
- Open Odin on computer
- Connect Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable (successful connection indicated by message reading – Added – and a COM port lighting up in yellow)
- Click PDA in Odin and select CF-Auto-Root-mo-moxx-gti9300.tar.md5
- Click Start in Odin to begin installation process
- A successful installation will be confirmed by a message from Odin reading – Pass – in a box with a green background. The phone will then automatically reboot. Disconnect device only when Samsung logo appears on screen
The Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) running Android 4.1.2 XXELKC (Jelly Bean) official firmware is now rooted and apps requiring root permission may now be installed. To ensure the root method is successfully installed and working properly, verify with the Root Checker available at the Google Play Store.
Share this post if you found it useful
Get free daily email updates!