If you are the type that still relishes some outstanding games on your gameboy advance console then this tutorial will get you started on how you can install same on your nokia s60v2, s60v3, s60v5 mind you the game extension will either end with .gba and .vnes.
This process is made possible with the help of an emulator called vBag
Now What is vBag?
vBag is a GameBoy Advance emulator that can play GBA games on your mobile phone.
vBagX is the latest version of vBag.
- For S60v3 and some S60v2, full speed with perfect sound effects for most games
- Big rom size support (full support for 32M rom)
- Each rom with 5 save/load slots
- Speed adjustment option and frameskip option
- Graphics mode option (origin,full,landscape,landscape origin)
- Save/Load in games (flash,eeprom,sram up to 128K)
- Key map setting
- Sound volume switch
- Thread priority option
- Two Graph Output Mode: bitmap mode (default),direct mode(speed improved, but some phones not supported)
Updates from vBagX 1.20 S60v3
1. Fix some emulation bugs (some unaligned ldm/jump, thumb blh jump)
2. Fix some compatibility problem. Provide an option for user selection speed/compatibility. Mode 3 is very slow and is not recommended.
3. Sound is more smooth when speed is enough. Make sure speed option is normal (not fast) to let sound smooth
4. Media key support (on s60v3, app can only capture volume up/down now)
5. Simple cheat file support 5. Simple cheat file support. For ABC.gba, write a cheat file named ABC.gba.cht. Its content format is as follows:
this means it lockes [0x2002A46] to byte 0x0A, locks [0x3006FA2] to halfword 0x6C, locks [0x2004250] to word 0×63
If your nokia symbian mobile is among Nokia Series 60v3 and s60v5 ( N97, 3250, 5500, 5700, N71, N73, N80, N91, N92, N93, N95, E50, E60, E61, E70, etc), you should download vBagX 1.12 S60v3.
The link to the emulator for all versions is and the end of the post
Make sure your ROM file ends with “.gba”, and send them to mobiles via bluetooth or USB or card-reader. If you install vBagX on your MMC card,
please put the roms into the folder “MMC:\data\Others\vBag”;If you install vBagX on your phone memory, please put the roms into the folder “C:\Others\vBag”. I strongly recommend you install vBagX on MMC.
You can google out vbagx for s60v2 phones it is version 1.20
Now for the game roms you can always trust google on that however if you need help, you can try out the following links for the free roms in .gba format download most of it here: